To be eligible to vote in Tennessee, you must be a citizen of the United States. You must be (18) years of age or older on or before the date of the next election. You must be a resident of Tennessee. View Guidelines for Determining Residency and special considerations for Homeless Persons Residency and Non-resident Property Owners. You must not have been convicted of a felony, or if you have, your voting rights must have been restored. View Restoration of Voting Rights. In order to participate in an election, a qualified voter must be properly registered no later than thirty (30) days before the election. The election commission office will process any by-mail voter registration form that has been postmarked at least thirty (30) days before the election. T.C.A 2-2-109.
How to Register to Vote
- Our Office
- County Clerk’s Offices
- Public Libraries
- Register of Deeds Offices
or during a transaction with one of the following agencies:
- Department of Health (WIC program)
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Safety (motor vehicles division)
- Department of Veteran’s Affairs
- Student Voters Guide: https://www.
- Voting in College – Common FAQs: https://www.
- State-by-State Voter Registration Guide: https://www.