The Carroll County Election Commission announces Early Voting for the Presidential Preference Primary Election. Any properly registered voter may cast a ballot early by personal appearance at the Election Commission Office, 625 High Street, Suite 113, Huntingdon, TN, Wednesday, February 12, 2020 through Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
State law requires voters to have Federal or State government issued photo ID to vote, unless an exception applies. College student IDs will not be accepted. The voters must have photo identification when they present themselves to vote. This includes early voting, which is ONLY at the election office, and Election Day voting at your assigned polling place.
EARLY VOTING SCHEDULE FOR THE MARCH 3, 2020 ELECTION
Monday – Friday, February 12-25, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
2 Saturdays, February 15 & 22, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 (NOON)
HOLIDAY: President’s Day, Monday, February 17, 2020 NO VOTING.
*ABSENTEE VOTING: Authorized circumstances that allow a voter to cast a ballot by absentee vote are:
- Those outside the county during Early Voting and Election Day
- Students and their spouses enrolled in a college or university outside the county in which they are registered
- Individuals on the Permanent Absentee Register due to illness or disability
- Individuals hospitalized, ill or physically disabled (unable to appear at polls) and caretakers of persons hospitalized, ill or disabled
- Registered voters who are residents of any licensed nursing home, home for the aged or similar licensed institution
- Voters 60 years of age or older
- Candidates for office
- Election officials
- Individuals observing a religious holiday on Election Day
- A voter who possesses a valid Commercial Driver License and who will be working outside of the county or state during Early Voting and Election Day
Voters who want an absentee ballot may send a written request or call the Carroll County Election Office for an Application for Ballot, no later than TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2020.
*VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINE: The last day to register to vote in this election is: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2020.
(NOTE TO NEWSPAPER: INSERT EARLY VOTING SAMPLE BALLOT HERE)
QUESTIONS? If you have questions regarding the above procedures or about the election process in general, please call the Carroll County Election Office.
CARROLL COUNTY ELECTION COMMISSION
Billy J. Smith, Chairman
Michael Corrado, Secretary
Julia A. Blanks, Nellie M. Hale & Ronald R. Reiter, Members
Attest: Peg Hamlett, Administrator of Elections
Email: [email protected]